Last modified on May 23rd, 2019 at 3:08 pm
- Description and Overview
Microsoft Word and Excel are included in the cloud-based word processing version of Office – Office 365. This package delivers the most productive and most secure Office experience, with the lowest total cost of ownership for deployment and management.
Use Office 365 Word to write, edit, and collaborate online with version history capabilities, user access permission controls, extensive accessibility features, and options to save files as PDF and many other file formats.
- Great for
- Word processing
- Collaboration and editing anytime, anywhere, on multiple devices
- Classroom Uses:
- Personal writing/note taking
- Group collaboration and partner projects
- Peer feedback and commenting
- Publish as web page feature for digital projects
- Templates available for different types of documents
Students and educators are eligible for Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. More information on what’s included found at this link.
To access this free offer, enter your school email address at this link: https://products.office.com/en-gb/student/office-in-education
NOTE: You will need to verify that you are an accredited academic institution to take advantage of these offers.
ALSO NOTE: Microsoft institutions likely already have access to Office 365. Contact your University IT department for access details.
- Ease of use
- Set Up Time
- Additional Notes
- PC and MAC versions
- Phone and tablet apps available
- Seamless device integration with cloud storage
- Office 365 external app (LTI tool) available for Office 365 institutions to integrate within learning management systems. (Canvas LMS, Blackboard, and Moodle)
- While tools have been evaluated for accessibility standards, it is up to you to verify that created works meet accessibility guidelines at your institution. For more information, contact your campus Disability Services department.